Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Piled Skulls and Group Project for a Movie?!



(January 15th, 2014)

(posting this late so I can't recall much sorry, so this might be short)

I can't recall much of my morning, but I know I woke up tired, had to carry that darn Drawing Pad (its large) with me, and walked all the way to the train station. Once there I wanted to yell at the machine again! For it wouldn't take my damn card, then the guy next to me said he went through the same thing. So he asked me how much did I need, and he gave me two gold coins (worth two dollars) so I could put it into the machine (took me two tries and I had to miss a train for it). But I made it to class (thank gosh) I knew no one in class (saw a few people from some of my classes from last quarter, but they were people I didn't talk to). I had to sit there waiting for a long time while listening to nothing but a few guys talk about game systems and how they changed over the years and crap. Finally someone I knew came in, Jennifer, I jumped up and hug her saying “Thank gosh someone I know!”. She laughed, we talked, and eventually our instructor came. She was super late (even told us the whole story of why she was late, to summ up things before break, she was complaining (in my opinion) about how some instructors forgot to sign the paper with our schedule on it for that was our ticket to get into class (found it annoying), found out I have to yell to speak with her (she has a hearing problem; she even told us that we would have to literally be in her face so she could hear her), and she went over the syllabus, then break. During break I bought a croissant colache (from using my change and some Jennifer gave me) and then I went to the career center to print out some jobs. There was one that caught my interest, it was one about an author who needed six sketches (three of shirts of different lengths and skirts of different lengths also) I found that a bit easy even though I don't draw shirts and skirts much. But I knew I could come up with something. After talking to Mrs. Nicole past my time for break I literally had to jog back to class. Luckily I didn't miss anything, she was just setting up things. We had to do a warm up first, it was basically 5 minutes to draw a damn skull! I'm like wth! I gave it my all but I managed to get the amount of skulls she asked for on the paper. A few times she came by saying, it was too large, then later good, then amazing. And when we only had 20minutes left of class she started piling up the skulls to make a stack or just single skulls. At this point she didn't care if we did the pile or single skull, as long as we had something to do by the time class ended. So me and a few others who decided out loud that we would just focus on one skull instead of multiple ones. (I also noted to Jennifer the one thing that'll get on my nerves is when she hovers around us a lot and how she scribbles on our papers to do corrections). All she said about mines was amazing and that's beautiful and that you must really like this huh. (But earlier before we started working on the skulls she showed us an outline of doing the skull but I didn't do it, the habit of me drawing what I see kicked in and I didn't use the outline) Once class ended she reminded us to get an anatomy book if we wanted to (I'm not) and to work on our skulls or look over them if we wanted to. Happy to leave class and have Melissa come pick me up from class so we could head to the house to eat, then gather what we needed, and headed to Dallas Galleria. Melissa needed to draw 20 different gestures of people, so what better place then a mall (plus she needed to shop). So as we moved from one food place, to another, to an ice skating ring, to an area where kids were playing. She drew her gestures and I worked on the shirts and skirts I wanted to do to send it to the author that asked for them. We stayed there basically til it was almost time to head to our night class. But of course Melissa needed to shop and get some things (totally forgot what she got) but then we headed to class. This is my first time having a night class (my night class is 6pm to 10pm) I hope its not to crowded. That hope ran so dry after out instructor took role and giving us our syllabus and telling of almost all the Disney movies he worked on (show off). A lot of freaking people came in! A lot of late ass people! Honestly I got tired of fucking sitting in that chair and wanted to go on the computer but we had to sit there and listen to all the awesome things he's don. Plus how he said he's going to treat us like people working in a studio, so serious shit. An he also told us we would be turning our work in and posting about what were doing in class (the process we took to do the assignment) and post about what were doing for our group project. That wasn't explained til after break, he called out the film people and photography people (for there more experience with cameras and might have possibly had to direct for film projects) into three groups. Separation process started, I was with Team C. So in each Team we had to of course assign one another jobs (who will do what) and come up with a 1 minute video to present at the end of the quarter for a major grade. I assigned myself for to may jobs (lighting, actress, and storyboard artist) they told me to chill ( I was chill, its just when you mentioned the other things they caught my interest lol). After the picking, exchanging emails, and making an account for the forums for this website for our school, (also for our movie we decided to do an epic battle of paper, rock, scissors), class basically ended. Our only homework was to make our first post on the forum, on week 4 bring work leather gloves, and also a certificate saying we passed a test of a demonstration for a type of camera on week 4 also. (we had time). Melsi was in the mood for some “good Pepsi”, translation: Pepsi that takes like heaven in her mouth. There's one thing I know that'll make my roommate the happiest and that is good fountain Pepsi. So after going to the 2nd gas station, she got her Pepsi, paid for gas, and bought a doughnut. She was satisfied. Melsi wanted to do something with me (couldn't recall) but I told her I needed to eat then go downstairs and email the lady my pictures. (for the wifi in the damn lounge was tripping again so I had to go to the gym for awhile). I sent her the email, headed back up stairs, showered, and now I'm going to bed for I have to get up in the morning and do laundry plus this homework. Night all~  

No comments:

Post a Comment