Saturday, October 18, 2014

Cultivate Festival, Slow Moments, & An All-Nighter



(October 18th, 2014.)

Melissa literally didn’t finish playing til around 4am. I had blacked out again an she had to wake me up so that I would go get in the bed. It was had to go to sleep for a few hours but eventually I dozed off.

I was awoken by three different alarms that I ignored cause I was thinking “I have time to meet up with Keia to go to this event.” Since she texted me around 11pm last night asking if I wanted to go with her. An naturally I don’t put my phone on ring so it was on vibrate and I didn’t feel it while I was asleep on the couch. I ended up texting her late & kept constantly texting her in the morning when I finally got up cause it was 9:30am-ish. She then texted me back saying yeah. So I rushed to go catch the earliest bus to get to the train station to meet her. Surprise, surprise Renee was at the bus stop. We chatted for a while about school & what not til we made it to the station. An talked more about some guy she was seeing for she had to let the other guy go for he was weird and a little odd. We had to cut our conversation short for she had to get off at the next station to head to the school to do homework. She thought I was going there as well but sadly no, so I told her to just text me later when she had a chance. I then kept texting Keia I wasn’t far from the station where her apartment was..but she had already caught a train an was downtown at WestEnd. So I had to stay on the crowded train til I met up with her at West End. Once we met up she really didn’t know much about the event only the fact that there was free food and music. So it was a really “why the hell not go, it’s free” kinda vibe going. As we waited for the next train we needed to catch to get us close to Irving where this event was taking place, a lot of homeless people kept asking us for change. *sigh* Had to keep reminding myself we were in the downtown depth area of Dallas where a lot of homeless and weird people either want money, food, or a sad attempt to flirt with you when there really old guys in wheelchairs or with canes. We were both happy the train had arrived for there was another homeless guy eye balling us all creepy like so we dashed on. It was a lot of stops we had to pass, but once we got off it was a really long walk. Having to pass a lot of fancy apartment complexes, going down steps, and literally having to walk around the big freaking lake. Which was really beautiful, but I would never get to close to it for the water was deadly deep. (I can’t swim okay) We had to follow a crowd of people through the grassy like parking lot to find the entrance of the event. The sign read “Cultivate Festival” by Chipotle. I thought it was cool, and then we thought we had to pay for people kept pausing at the front of the long line. But they were only doing bag checks. Here’s where the fun part came in. We got the map thingy (I call it that for it had extra stuff in it and it was really thick ass paper) & we had to go around to different stands or displays to learn certain things about how Chipotle used natural ingredients to make their food. During all this we did also try free drink stands, a stand that gave me a free shirt (think the drink brand was called Naked), got a cool wine bag from one stand with information in it, got free coconut ice cream, free guacamole with chip when having to go through one display (learning how they make their guacamole), and free Chocolate Chip Dough Ice Cream by Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream. Also we received a free Guacamole pass at Chipotle & when we got all our stamps in the thing we got a free Chipotle pass to get a burrito, bowl, salad, or taco and it didn’t expire til December 31st, 2014. Which was really cool, that’s like a whole free meal I can treat myself to one day if need be. Then we went to the bar area to get a cup so that we could be able to get free water at this Water Station.  Yes, it was hot as hell outside we seriously needed a drink. Also we noticed that they were really recycle friendly for they had workers standing at the trash can directing people what trash can to place their item in while pointing to the signs on the board overhead. You don’t see that every day. Also there were bands going to play for this event ends at 7pm (but we only stayed for two hours for Keia needed to get back to her apartment early to pack and travel home for the rest of the weekend)but we only heard one and I really love them. There called The Colourist, wouldn’t mind putting a few of their songs on my ipod when I get a chance. J Before we left I seriously wanted something to eat, so I went ahead and bought one of their steak salads that was like $7. Keia was telling me they were way to over excited about salad when we came over there, she thought they weren’t getting that many customers. I had told her of course, people are aiming for the taco or burrito stand instead lol. The salad in all honesty was freaking amazing beyond means, just had to hurry and scarf it down before we got on the train. Didn’t want to risk the Dart Police telling me to dispose of it for were not supposed to eat on the train. Didn’t take long for the next train to arrive, we hopped on, and a few stops later me & Keia had to part ways. Fast Forward, I made it to the lounge to stop and get some glorious tea when I had noticed there was a skeleton head trying to bite into the cake that someone made out of sugar. Made a joke or two to the leasing office ladies about it then headed back to the apartment.  I really wanted to start doing my homework or eat I think but Melissa asked me nicely if I would tag along while she went to Walmart so she could get something, return something, and try to get some potting soil and a pot for a plant she stole for it was getting big. Hadn’t been to the Walmart Supercenter since I quit, so I sort of remembered where things were. After she got her pot, the soil, and whatever else needed she then remembered she left the items she needed to return at home. I laughed for it was hilarious for how she thought the entire time she had it ion her. Once we returned I urged her to go ahead before she forgot to put the plant into the pot and soil. While she did that I was eating leftovers. Now here’s where my roommate seemed to have had a slow moment indeed. I asked her, I quote, “Can I use some of your soil for my bonsai tree?” For I had recalled I hadn’t changed Sazuki’s soil since I saved him from my Uncle months months ago. She then replied, I quote, “Why? Bonsai’s are grown from rocks right?” I then paused and almost choked on my food at hearing what she said. I went, “WHAT???” She then told me, “Well aren’t they? For when I get bamboo at stores there always in a vase full of rocks so I just thought that rocks and water was all it needed.” Still stunned and baffled by my roommates reply. I said “Melissa, my bonsai wasn’t grown from rocks! It needs soil, just like bamboo. Bamboo was grown in soil. They only put it in a vase full of freaking rocks and water for display.” She told me, “I know I just thought.” She stopped talking then, I think the fact that she got soil & a pot for her plant & calling herself a “gardener “ was getting to her damn head. Just cause your plant that you stole, correction; it’s really not a full plant! She took a part of the plant from somewhere around the apartment complex and just stuck it in a jar of water. I honestly don’t understand why the hell the damn thing is freaking alive! But any who, after all of that oddness I just went ahead and showered and then started on my homework. I really wanted to get it sketched out and inked and maybe in the grey markers tonight so that I could enjoy my freaking Sunday with no worry about homework. Melissa kept telling me to do half tonight and the rest tomorrow, a part of me wanted to do that but I couldn’t. I literally pulled an all nighter sitting on my legs in the desk area working on it while still listening to my Dracula audio books. I finished around 2am. Showed Melissa who was procrastinating and reading a book plus she left the dishwasher open for hours not putting the dishes away. I then fell asleep, took me awhile but I knocked out at some time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment